What is Mental Fatigue?
We all feel tired at some time during the day. Then (generally) at night, you go to sleep, then awake and arise after a good night’s sleep.
But some feel tired for weeks, and if that’s the case, mental fatigue, or a lack of energy and motivation can happen. It can also mean a temporary lapse in optimal cognitive performance.
Mental fatigue is not drowsiness (when you feel you need to sleep), weakness (which rest can subdue) and apathy (when you just don’t feel like caring about much). Neither is it physical fatigue, which you normally experience after physical exertion.
*PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING A NEW PROGRAM
Mental fatigue can arise from:
- Lyme disease/Bartonella’s/Babisia
- Vitamin Deficiencies
- Medications (like antidepressants, antihistamines and nausea/pain medicines)
- Medical treatments (like chemotherapy and radiation)
- Major surgery
- Psychological symptoms
- Personal habits (like staying up too late, eating too much, drinking too much caffeine or alcohol)
Those with mental fatigue are mainly tired for several weeks without let-up. Your medical provider can help diagnose this condition, often by asking questions about sleep patterns, daily activities, appetite and exercise. You may also receive a physical exam, blood tests or a sleep study.
Treatment regimens are based on your health history and test results. Lifestyle changes may also be recommended. These may include:
- A well-balanced diet.
- A fatigue diary.
- Moderate exercise, including breathing exercises.
- Taking short instead of long naps.
- Stopping smoking.
EMPowerplus Advanced™, combined with other healthy lifestyle changes, can also help. Learn more about how EMPowerplus Advanced can help by clicking here.
How EMPowerplus Helps Fight Fatigue
Are you exhausted? Do you lack energy? Are you constantly tired?
EMPowerplus Advanced naturally restores energy by providing your body with the nutrients it needs to function at its very best. The 36 nutrients found in EMPowerplus Advanced help the body create 3 vital neurochemicals to combat fatigue:
- Tryptophan, found naturally in the brain, needs potassium, vitamin B3, folic acid, and zinc to maintain the supply your body needs to fight off fatigue.
- 5-HTP is necessary in energy recovery and the body cannot naturally create it in therapeutic doses without an adequate supply of iron, vitamin C, vitamin D3, manganese, calcium, and phosphate.
- Serotonin, also naturally found in the brain, helps regulate mood and energy. Seratonin needs 5-HTP, vitamin B6, magnesium, vitamin B1, and manganese to support healthy brain function.
EMPowerplus Advanced is a great source of all these necessary nutrients.
With research published in 34 medical journals, EMPowerplus Advanced has been a widely studied micronutrient.
If you have any questions or concerns please call the Breakthrough Naturally Support Center at (855) 372-6272.
*This website provides information for educational purposes. It is not medical advice. Please consult your healthcare provider before making any changes to medication or starting to take any dietary supplement.