The similarities between street drug abuse and psychotropic prescription drug use are disturbing. Both types are toxic. Both can cause psychosis, damage the brain and other organs, and even cause death. And neither type of mind-altering drugs, legal or illegal, treats disease. It’s important to recognize that the only significant difference between many prescription psychotropic drugs and street drugs such as “speed” and “downers” is that prescription drugs are legal.
– Dr. Sydney Walker
What is a Diagnosis of ADHD?
If you have been labeled with inattention, hyperactivity and impulsivity that does not mean you have a mental illness. Underlying health conditions such as vitamin deficiencies, anemia, sleep issues, diet, food allergies, candida (yeast) and household toxins might be the cause.
Children with apnea are often misdiagnosed and labeled attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Because they sleep poorly, they cannot focus in the classroom. Sleep is a huge factor when it comes to mental health in children as well as adults.
Between 1979 and 1983, the New York City school system removed the sugar, additives, and preservatives from its school lunch program. This change alone produced a 15 percent increase in performance on standardized tests. School performance in the New York City School System moved from below national average to above national average. This study was well-controlled, and involved 800,000 children. Other reasons for the outcome were carefully ruled out.
Hypoglycemia is related to hostile, aggressive behavior. This type of response is seen in habitually violent and impulsive criminals. An interesting study in 1984 suggested that reactive hypoglycemia was connected with fire-setting behavior.
Sugar, white flour, alcohol, caffeine, and tobacco can contribute to low blood sugar. Medications can also induce hypoglycemia including insulin; Bactrim (an antibiotic); beta-blockers such as Propranolol; Haldol; MAO inhibitors; Quinidine; Quinine; and Sulfonylureas, a drug that stimulates beta cells to produce more insulin.
*CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING A NEW PROGRAM
- Are effortlessly distracted, fail to catch details, are forgetful, and regularly switch activities.
- Find it difficult to focus.
- Are quickly bored with projects, unless it is something they enjoy.
- Find organizing and completing tasks, or learning something new, to be challenging.
- Struggle completing or submitting homework or other assignments.
- Often lose things which are essential in completing tasks.
- Have difficulty listening in conversations.
- Are often confused.
- Sometimes move slowly.
- Struggle to quickly, accurately process information.
- Have a hard time following instructions.
- Are often restless, especially while sitting.
- Can be nonstop talkers.
- Run around while touching various things.
- Are constantly moving.
- Have difficulty doing quiet tasks or activities.
- Can sometimes make inappropriate comments.
- Display their emotions unrestrained.
- Act without taking consequences into account.
- Find it hard to wait for things they want.
- Interrupt conversations and activities.
How EMPowerplus Helps
If you are one of millions of people who prefer natural treatments to prescription drugs, EMPowerplus Advanced could be the answer you have been searching for, BUT CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR FIRST BEFORE STARTING A NEW PROGRAM.
Made up of 36 clinically proven vitamins, minerals, amino acids and anti-oxidants, EMPowerplus Advanced may be a valuable supplement to the nutrition of individuals diagnosed with ADD/ADHD.
Extensive independent research shows that when the body and brain are provided with the essential nutrients found in EMPowerplus Advanced, they are able to function more effectively. Don’t be fooled by imitations—EMPowerplus Advanced contains these nutrients in a microground form to facilitate absorption.
Try EMPowerplus Advanced today to see for yourself how nature can work in harmony with your body to help you feel like your best self.
If you have any questions or concerns please call the Breakthrough Naturally Support Center at (855) 372-6272.
*This website provides information for educational purposes. It is not medical advice. Please consult your healthcare provider before making any changes to medication or starting to take any dietary supplement.